vinyasa Yoga is a flowing, dynamic sequence of poses that is one of the most popular styles of yoga in the United States. also sometimes called "vinyasa flow yoga," this type of practice involves synchronizing the breath with a continuous flow of postures.
inspirational flow yoga remove negativity and center yourself as you move through sun salutations, standing and balance poses to warm you up and strengthen your body. integrating intention and mindfulness to bring awareness of the positive desires of the mind.
breathe, stretch, play.
make NAMASTE a part of every child’s day
super stretch classes are great for schools, after-school programs, birthday parties, yoga studios and gyms, day cares – or your house. super stretch’s mission is to teach kids to express themselves in healthy ways and create balance in life.
a super stretch class typically features stories, games, partner dynamics, animal sounds and laughter. this all adds up to the most important element – fun. the enjoyment of the classes would be reason enough to teach fitness to children, but the benefits go far beyond. using the super stretch educational and empowering books, flash cards, teaching manuals and apps on iTunes the teacher will offer children physical fitness and movement to:
• opens channels of communication between left and right hemispheres in the brain and assist in developing brain functions like: balance, eye-hand coordination and fine motor skills.
• assists in developing: flexibility, strength, body awareness, communication, concentration, breathing, non-competitive movement, self-esteem, muscles and bone structure. each class is based on a particular story or theme that teaches kids life lessons as well as fun fitness.
here’s how every super stretch class works:
• introduction • class theme of the day • breathing exercise
• class fitness sequences • rest & dreamtime – relaxation
• ‘happiness and gratitude’ practice with a project ‘to-do’ for the day outside of your fitness class. Like:
• help do the dishes at home • pick up trash outside on the ground
this teaches kids lessons:
• good social skills • cooperation • building a life long love of physical fitness
private yoga classes
deepen your practice, gain confidence, and receive guidance from a teacher to develop a practice tailored to your individual needs. personal instruction is an invaluable tool for students of all levels and experience. personal, private yoga lessons are the best way to address your goals and work on areas of individual interest. you can work with the teacher of your choice or we can match a teacher to meet your expressed needs. we encourage ongoing personal yoga instruction outside of the classroom setting to maximize the benefits of yoga. personal instruction allows for a more intimate view into your practice. You can start a new practice, deepen your practice or spend some time working with an injury or condition. when you work with a teacher one on one, the teacher is able to help you experience the benefits of yoga in a safe, personal way.
personal Instruction- for new, continuing and experienced students.• 1 session: $65 • 3 sessions (10% dicount) • 5 sessions (15% discount)
...catharine provided a hands on lesson that not only helped me with my body positioning but also adcice for posture during teaching my preschool class. great class...
.....awesome class, worked many new muscles. catharine is an awesome instructor.